Please consider putting this motion to your Labour Party branch/CLP:
Justice For Palestine
This Branch/CLP stands with people all around the world in solidarity with the Palestinian people and in defence of their inalienable rights. For 14 years Gaza has been under siege. For 54 years Gaza, the West Bank, including East Jerusalem have been illegally occupied by Israel. The injustice against the Palestinian people is intensifying.
This Branch/CLP notes that:
– Following attempts at the forcible expulsion of Palestinians from their homes in Sheikh Jarrah and Israeli forces storming the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, attacks on Gaza in recent days have killed at least 198 Palestinians including 58 children and 34 women with hundreds more injured and 10 Israelis have been killed including 2 children. Israel is threatening a ground invasion of Gaza.
This Branch/CLP believes that:
– A long-lasting peace for both Palestinians and Israelis can only be secured through a just solution that tackles the underlying injustices: Israel’s illegal occupation, its colonial settlements, its denial of the right of Palestinian refugees to return, its violations of human rights and international law and its siege of Gaza.
– As the former colonial power that issued the Balfour Declaration, and was then responsible for the Mandate leading up to the Nakba of 1948, Britain has a special responsibility to do all it can to ensure a just peace.
This Branch/CLP, therefore, calls upon the Labour Party leadership to call on the UK government to:
– Demand an end to the siege of Gaza and the illegal occupation of Palestinian territory;
– Impose sanctions on Israel for its repeated violations of international law, place an embargo on arms sales and end trade with illegal settlements;
– Demonstrate full support for the International Criminal Court’s opening of an investigation into alleged war crimes in the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories; and
– Recognise the state of Palestine.
This CLP encourages its members to join demonstrations in solidarity with the Palestinian people and to donate to MAP (Medical Aid for Palestinians).