Following the speakers at Devonshire Green, we will then march direct to Barkers Pool for a Sheffield TUC May Day Rally with speakers on City Hall steps which we expect to conclude around 2.30pm. Sheffield Against the Policing Bill have agreed to join us for the march and rally at Barkers Pool and – when that is finished – will have a SAPB Kill the Bill march around the city centre, handing out leaflets etc. Please feel free to join them.
Confirmed speakers include:
1pm Devonshire Green
Martin Mayer Secretary Sheffield TUC – compere, introducing the speakers
· Emmott Baddeley – Sheffield Against the Policing Bill
· Chris Peace – Orgreave Truth and Justice Campaign
· Ci Davies – Extinction Rebellion
· Sam Morecroft – STUC Vice Chair
1.45/2pm City Hall steps
Martin Mayer Secretary Sheffield TUC – compere, introducing the speakers, not necessarily in this order
· Holly Johnston – Nurses for 15%
· Julie Pearn – Labour Friends of Palestine
· Maxine Bowler – Vice Chair Sheffield TUC
· Lee Rock – Sheffield Labour Left
· Olivia Rickson – Sheffield Needs A Pay Rise
Sheffield Labour Left organised with Penistone & Stocksbridge CLP members a protest outside the office of Miriam Cates, MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge. The protest was part of the continuing campaign to force the Government to provide free meals in the school holidays for vulnerable children.